“Month of the Military Child” is celebrated every April, and here at Aeroflow Breastpumps, we want to thank all military families and their children for their service! Military children make up a very valuable and unique part of our population. They stand by their moms and dads who are out in the field protecting our nation and keeping our country a safe place to live. Though their lives might be quite different than their peers, military children make daily sacrifices that we admire and are very thankful for!
Military Children Month
This month celebrates military families and their children for their dedication to protecting our country and the daily sacrifices they make to do so. Sponsored by the Department of Defense Military Community and Family Policy, the month-long celebration is a legacy from former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger, who established the commemoration in 1986.
We wanted to share some interesting facts about military children that might surprise you…
- There are 1,126,326 active duty military children.
- 354,327 of those children are between the ages of 6 and 11.
- The average military child moves 6-9 times during their schooling career.
- Roughly 70% of military families do not live on a base.
- Military child development centers serve approximately 200,000 children daily
- Over 2 Million U.S. Children Have a Parent Who Served in Iraq or Afghanistan
- There are approximately 84,000 dual military couples in the United States, most of whom do not serve in the same locales.
So, what can you do to celebrate military children this April?
- Look for local events that you can attend or volunteer at to help boost public awareness and support for military children. Host a local event if your town doesn’t already have one!
- Share an appreciation post on your social media accounts. Make sure your military friends get are tagged in the message!
- Send a gift box or a card to a military family you know. Even better, call them and let them know how much they’re appreciated!
Are you a military mom? You might qualify for a breast pump!
If you have TRICARE insurance, you could qualify for a breast pump at no cost. All you need to do is visit our Qualify Form, give us a few bits of information, and we will be in touch in a few days to let you know about your options.
Already have a breast pump? Our online store offers military discounts, and we have special deals throughout the year just for our military moms. Be sure to check out the military compliant Sarah Wells “Kelly” bag, which was specially designed by a team of military moms for ultimate comfort and convenience.
Aeroflow wants to thank all military families for their dedication to keeping our nation a beautiful and safe place to live!
For more on military families, visit dodea.edu.