During your pregnancy, your body will act strange in many, many ways; you’re growing another unique individual inside your womb, how could it not?! There are a few symptoms during gestation you should never ignore- but how will you know which are serious, and which are simply uncommon? Here we will provide a list of pregnancy symptoms you should take a little more seriously.
- Your baby is moving or kicking less than usual- or none at all (this is only noticeable once your child starts moving consistently). Your OB will be able to advise you as to whether or not you should monitor baby with “kick counts”, and can give you instructions on how to count, and when to call.
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Increases in vaginal mucous or discharge, or a change in the color, type or scent of the discharge (after 37 weeks gestation, an increase in mucous can be a sign of labor)
- Pelvic pressure, lower back pain, menstrual-like cramping, or more than 4 contractions in an hour (even if they are painless) before 37 weeks
- Chills, or a fever that is higher than 100 degrees
- Painful or burning urination
- Lack of urination
- Persistent or sever vomiting, or any vomiting that is accompanied by pains and/or fever
- Double vision, blurring, dimming, flashing lights or “floaters” in your sight
- Swelling of the face; puffiness around your eyes
- Anything more than a little swelling of the hands, feel or ankles
- Gaining more than 4 pounds in one week (rapid weight gain)
- Depression or sever anxiety
There is quite an extensive list of signs and symptoms that should never go ignored. Your doctor will be available at any time of day or night via an after-hours answering service. Doctors are paid to be on-call for emergency situations, so don’t ever feel bad about contacting your OB or primary physician in regards to the health and safety of yourself and your family. Every mother has a moment, or moments, of doubt or panic but don’t worry because this is what your doctor is here for!
As a woman striving to provide the best for your growing family, you’ve likely looking into the amazing health benefits of breastfeeding. Aeroflow Breastpumps offers the best breastfeeding supplies, at the lowest costs at their online store AeroflowMomandBaby.com. Your insurance company may cover a breast pump at little to no cost to you- find out if your policy does by completing this simple three-step Qualify Through Insurance form. A representative will contact your insurance company, verify your coverage and network status, and contact you within 3-5 business days with your options. If you have any further questions about pregnancy symptoms you should not ignore, please call us at 844-867-9890. We look forward to helping you!