Preparing for baby can be so exciting! Exciting…and nerve wracking. What does the baby need? Did we “baby proof” the house enough? Have we saved enough money? What if I can’t breastfeed? There is so much to think about and get ready for but know in the end that it all usually falls into place. Furthermore, we do have some helpful tips to help when preparing for baby.
- Get a car seat picked out and purchased. Once you give birth the hospital will not let you leave with out a proper car seat installed in the car. Remember, infants must sit in a rear facing seat until they are a certain age or weight (law varies by state). Remember, safety first.
- Jam that hospital bag with essentials! Preparing for a baby can be so time consuming that sometimes you forget about yourself. Before you know it, those nine 9 months will pass quickly and it will time to deliver that sweet baby boy or girl. Make sure you have the basics such as toiletries, comfortable clothes, and something for the baby to wear home.
- Have your birth plan written or typed up so your partner and the medical staff will know what you want. Make sure you know your options and the possibilities that could occur.
- Get older siblings and pets prepared as well. Sibling classes are actually offered at some hospitals and they are a great resource for making sure older brothers and sisters are ready for a little one in the house. Also, make sure your pets are ready for a sibling. Don’t want any jumping dogs with a new baby!
- Get your free breast pump through insurance! Whether you are planning on pumping exclusively or want one for those “just in case” moments, let Aeroflow Healthcare help you get yours through insurance.
Under the Affordable Care Act, most insurance plans will cover a double electric breast pump at no cost to you. Plus, we will ship it for free too as a courtesy. We carry only the best and most efficient breast pumps on the market including but not limited to Medela, Spectra, Ameda, Hygeia, Lansinoh, Tomy, and Nuk. All you need to do to get started is head on over to our Qualify Through Insurance form online. A breast pump specialist will verify your breast pump benefits, and then give you a call to go over your coverage information and your breast pump options. The process is fast, free, and easy! Already had your baby or due in the next couple of weeks? Don’t worry, if you need more immediate assistance, you can reach us directly at (844) 867-9890. Preparing for baby can be stressful, but we are here to help!