The world of breastfeeding can be uncomfortable at times. Hopefully you are one of the lucky mothers out there who hasn’t had to deal with raw, painful nipples thanks to breastfeeding. If you haven’t been so lucky and you’re struggling with sore, dry, aching nipples and need some relief, Aeroflow Breastpumps can help. The question is, what nipple creams and lotions are safe for baby?
Seems like a pretty valid question to us. If your breasts are going to be the primary source of food for your little one, it is vital that you use products that are safe him or her to ingest. The good news is, yes, there are plenty of nipple creams out there that are harmless for both mom and baby. Below we have listed some characteristics and ingredients that you want to make sure to avoid:
- Vitamin E. Surprising, right? Using lotions with Vitamin E can lead to diarrhea, low energy, and cramps for your baby.
- Creams with a scent. Stay away from fragrant ointments! Also, refrain from buying any nipple creams containing parabens.
- This might be self explanatory but just in case, it is important to note that creams with alcohol can actually do the opposite effect and dry out your nipples even more.
So let’s move on to types of creams and lotions that are safe for your new addition. We found a great list of products on www.greenmomguide.com featuring all natural ingredients and with out all of that icky stuff moms need to steer clear of. Plus, they won’t weight too heavy on the bank account, all ranging from between $7-$10 each. Many of these can be found on Amazon.com or at your local retail store. Check them out below:
- Motherlove Nipple Cream
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter
- Nipple Nurture Balm
- My Brest Friend Cream
- Lansinoh HPA Lanolin Cream
- Medela’s Tender Care Lanolin. (only $3.99 on our online store!)
While you’re checking out our accessories on Aeroflowmomandbaby.com, don’t forget to see if you qualify for a free breastpump under your insurance plan. Thousands of mothers like you have been getting their breastpump shipped right to their front door thanks to new healthcare laws enacted under the Affordable Care Act. To find out if you are eligible, head over to our Qualify Through Insurance form on our website to get started.
Aeroflow Breastpumps has a team of dedicated breastpump specialists who will verify your insurance benefits and notify you to go over all of your breastpump options. You could be just a few clicks away from getting your free Medela breastpump in the mail. Click here to get started or for immediate assistance, you can reach us directly at (844) 867-9890. We look forward to helping you!